A Public Works Department is, without a doubt, one of the most diverse Departments in a City or Town’s organization. Your responsibilities are some of the most important in terms of your impact on virtually every other Department, as well as the general public. As you strive to provide quality and professional public services to your citizens, consider this motto: “Pride in Service.”
- Pride: Pledge to provide “top notch” service to your customers and in return, appreciate the gratification and satisfaction of your efforts. This will reinforce your commitment to excellence.
- Respect: Treat your fellow employees and the public with dignity and respect – as we all wish to be treated ourselves.
- Integrity: Acknowledge that you are accountable for your own actions and honor your commitment to meeting your customers’ needs.
- Dependability: Be loyal, honest, and reliable to the Department and the Town in accomplishing your mission.
- Excellence: Be committed to providing exceptional customer service.
Each of us can make a difference in our organization by taking pride in our service. Take a moment to watch the following video of a young man who took this message to heart and creatively found a way to make a positive impact at his place of work. Prepare to be inspired!