We are all navigating a new environment and doing our best to remain productive while being limited in where we can go and what we can do. Public works departments are adjusting their operations to split shifts and asking staff to work virtually. One option for those staff that are staying at home is to use the time to brush up on their operational safety and technical knowledge. Below are several options for worthwhile learning opportunities. These resources can be accessed at the user’s convenience and carry no cost.
Videos and Webinars from Our Colleagues Across the Country:
ADA Basic Requirements for Self Evaluations and Transition Plans for Public Rights-of-Way – New Jersey Local Technical Assistance Program – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xWETEi708Rs&feature=youtu.be
Safe Transportation for Every Pedestrian (STEP) Webinar Series – A series of free webinars being hosted by the Ohio Local Technical Assistance Program:
- Tuesday, April 21, 2020 11:00 AM to 12:30 PM EDT
- Thursday, April 23, 2020 11:00 AM to 12:30 PM EDT
- Tuesday, April 28, 2020 10:00 AM to 11:30 AM EDT
- If you miss one of the live webinars, recorded sessions will be available a few days later on their YouTube Channel –https://www.youtube.com/user/OhioLTAPCenter/videos
AASHTO TC3 Training Opportunities:
These two offerings are free through May 8, 2020.
- Personal Protective Equipment (TC3TS007-15-T1)
Note: After May 8th, you will still be able to access this for free with the local agency code below.
- High Visibility Garments (TC3TS008-15-T1)Note:
After May 8th, you will still be able to access this for free with the local agency code below.
If you are interested in other topics, you can access their complete list of safety trainings here. If you click on the link for additional safety trainings and want to participate in other modules, use CODE: D5X3-B3D9-52CB-4XCX at checkout, and the fees will be waived.
APWA Member Library (free access through May 25, 2020):
CIRMA Member Public Works Resources (several free online training choices available for CIRMA members):
COVID-19 Resources for Public Works Leadership:
- APWA: Coronavirus and the Public Works Community Resource Page https://www.apwa.net/MyApwa/Apwa_Public/Coronavirus_and_the_Public_Works_Community.aspx
- CDC Guidance
- CIRMA Guidelines for Law Enforcement and First Responders
- OSHA COVID-19 Employee Hazard Recognition
- Transportation Research Board Webinar – Transportation and COVID-19: Practices from other disease outbreaks
- What to Do If an Employee Tests Positive for COVID-19 – Harvard Business Review